Tuesday, February 9, 2010

20 Feet

First thing, myldsmail has upgraded a bit...all that means for you is that my new email is jacob.robinson@myldsmail.net. Although it's not so important because any mail sent to my old address will be sent to my new one.

In our flat we have one room that has a/c and that is the bedroom of the other missionaries(the zone leaders). There is a bit of a/c around here. A lot more than in SA.

My cooking skills have improved a lot! My current companion has taught me a lot about cooking and I figured out how to make dumbollo (that steam bread I was telling you about) in the microwave...and it's delicious.

The 3 things every new member needs is a friend, a calling, and nourishment by the good word of God.

My companion and I are doing great.

Bathusi's wife, Nene, is doing great. On Friday she hosted a mutual activity that we were putting on at her house for members and nonmembers. Elder Onsongo and I cooked for everyone again. This time we cooked mandazi (fat cakes), chipatti (like tortillas), and dumbollo and then a stew to go on top.

On Sunday Nene watched Bathusi baptize her little sister Lape. It was sweet. After the baptism we went to see the family and we watched a dvd called "Together Forever". It's a little cheesy but it gets the point across. After the movie we asked Nene how she felt and she felt like her whole family needs to be baptized and be members of the church, following the same gospel (she's the only one left now not baptized and was obviously talking about herself!) I asked when she wanted to be baptized and she said she'd let us know...

Too bad I won't be around to see it. Here's some more news, after 6 weeks in Gaborone West I'm getting transfered...about 20 feet. What I mean is that President wants me to be the Zone Leader now with Elder Hopkins. That means I'll still be in the same flat just a different bed. Basically, I'll just be upgrading everything. Bikes to a car (my first one all to myself!), no a/c to an a/c, a better fridge that actually closes, and district leader to zone leader. They are actually splitting the Botswana zone into two. I will be over the Botswana East zone. The sad part is that our area seems to just be picking up. I enjoy working with my companion as well. But I guess this is what the Lord needs from me now. So wish me luck and I'll keep you updated.

love, elder robinson

ps. today we hiked Kgale Hill in the morning and I got stung twice by the same wasp! He was trying to kill me! haha. no worrys though I'm ok.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We miss you Jacob! Glad to hear you're okay <3 <3 <3