Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hiking and Epiphanies


Preparation day hiking...

Chillin' South Africa Style

First off, Prince is getting baptized. We came to see him this week. Remember his eyes don't even allow him to read the Book of Mormon. So, all he's had is our word and prayer. I asked him flat out how he feels about all this or if he'd received an answer yet.. he said "all I have to say is, it's true". Man, that felt so good. Then when we were teaching him he had one of his epiphanies. Elder Jasi taught him about faith and then he said "so its not faith unless I DO something about it". Man, this guy is amazing...Especially for an old guy! We put him on date for March 27th. It will be a challenge though to get him under the water. I hope I don't have to baptize him...I'm afraid I might break him. I'll send you pictures when he gets baptized. Also this week we had the baptism of 4 sisters!! (not blood sisters). Two young women age and two young adults all from different families. I'll get the pictures to you next week. But the service went great. We had it on Saturday and I was asked to baptize one of them. Then the next day on Sunday I was asked to confirm 2 of them. It was a great weekend for Sharpeville.

I'm not sure we taught any super special lessons this week. It's kind of hard to
remember. We are always super busy. Which is the best way to be on a mission. It makes time go much faster. So now we have 4 people on baptismal date spread out from March to April.

We have transfers this week. Everything is the same with my companion and I. But two guys are leaving my district. Including the district leader. His name is Elder Cunico. He's only a few months older than I on the mission but he's a great leader. I hope our next DL is the same.

So today we went to a Nature Reserve called "suikerbos"... supposedly there are baboons and things there. But all we saw were some spring bok (almost like deer) far in the distance. Plus there was suppose to be this 10k hike but the trail disappeared after about 1k. So we ended up just exploring around going through the bush. It was pretty cool to be out hiking again. I miss the outdoors so much. I miss hiking. I keep telling people that as soon as I get home I'm getting off the plane and walking into the bush to go backpacking for a month. Then I'll be able to go home. haha. That's why I really want to get out of Gauteng. I want to go up to Botswana or the north east province or even down to Lesotho.

Right now it's raining harder outside than I've ever seen it rain. It's ridiculous.
Well thanks again for all the support and prayers. Know that I'm staying safe and healthy and working hard!!

Love, your son elder robinson

No comments: