Friday, April 24, 2009

The Convert Formerly Known as Prince

Anyways I'd better get started on my weekend...I don't have too much time and a lot to say.

So first off the week was normal. Although last Monday we saw some monkeys playing just near our flat.


Then came Saturday, the baptism of Prince and Tokelo.

Myself with my (from far left to right)companion, Prince and Tokelo (with myself standing behind them) and the branch mission leader and his wife


Prince:


I baptized Tokelo (the youngest one) and our branch mission leader(Zach)baptized Prince. It really was a miracle that Prince made it under the water. He told Zach that his leg had trouble bending. But when it came time everything went as planned. It was sweet. Prince and Tokelo gave some powerful testimonies and are going to be very valuable priesthood holders in Sharpeville. Prince can't move very well but his mind is brilliant. Tokelo is only 16 but is so much more mature, he could probably be the young men's president! Needless to say it was an awesome service.

So now I have to update you on an investigator that has progressed so incredibly rapidly. Last week on Saturday we were walking and this lady stops us saying she used to be a saint (she was wearing a ZCC badge...that's a different church). She said there was someone she needed us to teach. So we came this last Wednesday and taught her daughter. She is actually adopted as of this year and she is 19. She has a baby girl and is about to deliver another one this month. Anyway, on Wednesday we taught the Restoration. Thursday was the Plan of Salvation. Saturday we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and she wants to get baptized! It was awesome! She has read every chapter we've ever given her the very same day and if she didn't understand it she would read it again. Then on Sunday we were at church early...about 8:15am. Lo and behold she was there. The first one there. Talk about a golden investigator. We saw her again yesterday and taught the Word of Wisdom. We haven't even known her a week and she's already on fire.

Church was pretty good. After church we had to leave at 5 to make it to a zone meeting in Bedfordview. The next day on Monday we were having a zone Preparation day there and so we spent the night at some other elder's flat. They are way cool guys and said they had dinner for us on the stove...well I decided to joke and say I hope it hasn't been on too long...there might not be a flat when we get there. Well I spoke too soon. We pulled up and opened the door and a huge billow of smoke came flowing out. We came to find that the elders were making dumbollo. Which is like a steamed bread. Elder Nelson who was making it had done it many times before but we were just at the meeting too long. Luckily there were no flames. But the bread was definitley destroyed...

The next day we had a zone p-day just playing sports and having a good
time. It was fun but tiring.

So we had an eventful weekend to say the least. Then next weekend we will find out what's going on at transfers! Most likely either my companion or I are leaving...not for sure...but pretty sure.

Well I'm still doing great and I had a great birthday on Sunday. I saw the comments on my blog and I just want to say thanks to everyone for the love! Life is starting to fly by. I don't feel 20. And the mission...man going too fast.

Love you lots and I miss you. I hope and pray all continues to go well at home!

Love, elder robinson

1 comment:

amyboynton said...

Hi Elder Robinson,
Happy Belated Birthday! So happy to hear all is well with you. Great stories about how the gospel is changing the lives of those you are working with. We are so proud of what you are doing. Keep up the good work.
Love, Aunt Amy and family