Sunday, April 19, 2009

General Conference April 2009

Yes, I shaved my head. I didn't want too...it is mission rules. Well of my options in mission rules you could say I wanted to. plus its the easiest. Elder Lind just pulls out the shaver and in 5 minutes my hair is short. Also before I forget,thanks for the family history. I was thinking though if it were possible that you could somehow copy a family tree or something that I could print out. Something that I could show people that I know my ancestors. If it is not possible I can always just copy the names you gave me. But I know you have family trees that go way back. I think that would be cool to show people. You don't understand how obsessed they are here with ancestors...except they don't actually know them. So they think we don't care about our ancestors because we don't worship them when in reality we care much more than they could understand.

Yes, we do get lightening storms a lot around here. If you want to know what they're like put a fork in the microwave and set it to 10 minutes. Stand back.

So anyways, this week went pretty well. It was just all in anticipation of General Conference! WHOO HOO! Man, General Conference is better than Chrsitmas for missionaries (only if we got to call home). I mean we spend our days teaching and testifying so it's nice to be taught and testified too by men so much more progressed in the gospel than you...so much more. Not to mention their apostolic authority and prophetic wisdom. I could go on and on about the best talks. I will mention though that Elder Holland's talk on the atonement was amazing. But besides the spiritual food and uplifting talks, the best part of the weekend was Prince!

First off we interviewed him on Saturday and he passed with flying colors for his baptism this week. Then he came to General Conference! We had to travel to Sebokeng to watch the sessions (it's about 20 minutes away). Our branch provided some transport. But the fact that he made it. I heard that he had even come to the school to be picked up too early and someone told him that noone was coming so he walked back home! Luckily we told them to make sure he made it on the transport and they went to his house and picked him up! On top of that he stayed for all three sessions on Sunday! (We watched priesthood delayed Sunday morning, then Saturday afternoon delayed to Sunday afternoon, then Sunday morning live that night). We weren't done there till 8pm! I asked him how it was and with a smile he told me he had really enjoyed himself. He said he'd go straight home and hop in bed and fall asleep with a smile on his face. Oh man, that was sweet.

To say the least it was a great week. Walking is tiring but it also makes the days go faster. I'm still healthy and safe. Nothing too crazy has been happening. I guess that's good. Right mom? I may be leaving here in a few weeks. Not sure. Maybe my companion. We'll find out in a few weeks. Love you lots. Thanks for all the support and love!

Love, elder robinson

No comments: