Monday, June 22, 2009

Friends and Freezing

It was actually very very cold this week. It was wet and freezing. But we survived. I was even wearing my big snow coat with my sweater underneath and was still cold! Our tires on our bikes went flat right after we got them and they are pretty useless anyways. We prefer walking, so we just walk.

Alex is doing great on mission. He writes me almost evey week although I didn;t get an email from him this week.

I've made quite a few friends out here. Some missionaries, some members or recent converts. It's been a lot of fun...I guess that's what happens when you work hard...Time goes by and before you know it you've had a lot of success. I'm coming up on a year next month can you believe it?! We see the mission president every 6 weeks in zone conference interviews. I'll see him tomorrow actually.

So this week...not too much new happened. We had about 4 new people show up to church though, 11 investigators with 4 of those people we just met this week basically. Anyways, that is the best to see someone actually come to church when they say they will. Man it's hard to get people to church. But it seems this week we were blessed. Other than that we had some sweet lessons but nothing that stands out too much in my mind. This coming Saturday we will have interviews for the baptisms on the 28th. It shoudl be Okuhle, Yvonne, and Henslop (our blind invetigator). We always have powerful lessons with Henslop because he's blind but you can tell he has felt something so powerful and he's had a mighty change, as the scriptures would say. Oh yeah, I also learned how to make dumbollo...it's an African steamed bread. It's awesome. Now I can make that for you when I get home. I hope you have a big pot though.

Well I'm still healthy and safe. Everything is going great. Much love :)

Love, elder robinson

No comments: