Monday, October 13, 2008

My First Confirmation

It is getting very warm now and there are very few a\c units in all of Africa. So, our flat has no a\c or heat. They say up in Botswana and where it gets really hot it's easy to get up on time because you can't sleep once the sun comes up! We'll see when it gets hotter. We don't tract into white people at all. In fact the only time I've taught a white person was on exchanges when I taught in town. Only black and colored people live in townships. It is very segregated still. Even though there are a lot of blacks in the government, it's just that many years of aparteid takes a long time to change. There are a lot of problems in this country. The funny thing is that South Africa is the "most stable country" in Africa, yet they just illegally impeached their president a few weeks ago- with only 6 months left in office. So there is a lot of turmoil. But hey, life goes on. It could be worse. It could be war. Let's just cross our fingers against that one.

So this week:
Well not too much happened this week. We put a few more people on date and now we have 13 on date for baptisms. Our neighboring township (Kwa Thema) has 20 people on date! But they have a chapel. If we had a chapel we'd be exploding too. Even still the work is going forward fast. We have tons of investigators, almost too many to keep up with. This sunday we had the confirmations of those that were baptized two weeks ago. One of them, the young man Paul, asked me to confirm him. My first one. Man I was nervous. But ya know what, I prayed in the morning and I really felt led by the spirit as I gave him his blessing. It was awesome.


Love, elder robinson

No comments: