Saturday, October 11, 2008

Summer is Coming


My first baptism last week. We had three in one day!

Hello!

It is too cold to be summer. The weather is pretty crazy right now. It finally rained though. It was perfect too. We went in for a lesson, it rained the whole lesson, and then it stopped by the time we were done. Also, our bikes were not even wet.

I'm going to try to make the pap and meat that they eat here. I can't wait to make some of this stuff for you guys when I get home. I'm gonnna try and make my own kotas for you. It's great. We do have a microwave though and a stove. We do run into people that don't speak English and normally we just keep going on. Most people know English and unless they are really interested we just use our time on people that will be able to understand. In fact this week we started tracting in Gelukstal (thats pronounced Hall-uk-Stall with a gurgle on the H... its Afrikans). It's an area in Tsakane that has nicer houses and is almost completely colored (that means black/white mix). Anyways, it's sad but true that the whiter they get the higher economically they get. It's a sad reality and a product of my ancestor... DF Malan. I haven't really read Preach My Gospel from cover to cover. But that is not how you are suppose to read it anyways. More like I study the parts that are revelent to me
at the time. I should be studying out of it more though. I'm trying to do that. I am better with my scriptures but no where near a scriptorian haha. It's really hard for me to remember where certain scriptures are. I'll get better at that though. I'll try to write Sister Walker. She's awesome.

Elder Phil Hall and I met up at transfers.


A peek at our flat:


Well this week was not too exciting. Monday we just played basketball in the township. Then this weeek there weren't too many interesting stories. I guess the most excitement was General Conference. Man, I love General Conferece now. We watched the Saturday morning session live on Saturday at 6-8pm then a rebroadcast of the priesthood and Saturday afternoon sessions at 11am and 2pm on Sunday. Then we watched a live session of Sunday morning at 6pm on Sunday. So we only missed the last session. Did Elder Holland talk in the last session? If he didn't that would be disappointing. At least I can read it when the Ensign comes in a month. My companion and I kind of got annoyed by how lightly the Africans take conference. At almost every session the chapels we went to would have been empty if it wasn't for the missionaries, besides a few members. But yeah, I love hearing from the Apostles and Prophets. It's sweet. I hope you guys enjoyed conference as much as I did.

Well that's all for this week. I'm going to cook the navajoes this week so we'll see how that goes. Thanks so much for the support. I do realize how lucky I am to have such a strong family in the gospel. I am blessed for it and others will be blessed for it as I am an instrument in the Lord's hands. Thanks again for everything. I love you all.

love, elder robinson

ps. It's not really that cold. It's actually started to finally warm up. We had a hot, hot day just this week. Summer is coming!

No comments: