Monday, October 27, 2008

Best Days of My Life

To answer some questions: We are on bikes or in a car. My first 6 weeks we were on bikes everyday except Thursdays and Saturdays. Now we've got it Tuesdays as well. We share the car with the other elders in our flat. They work at Kwa-thema.. the neighboring township.

I will see Phil again. I should see him at these transfers on November 5th, that's when I lose my trainer too. I'm going to get a new companion in about a week. I am a
little nervous. Elder Brown and I get along very well and we are doing so much good work. With 11 people on baptismal date and a few more possibly on the way, I'm not sure I am up to taking over my area. I just hope I get a sweet new companion. Also, everyone in my branch loves Elder Brown. I have a big name to live up too. He was like the spark that got this place going and now I'm gonna have to keep it going. I guess we'll see what happens.

So there's not too much new this week. This Sunday I confirmed Wandile, it went well. We had an investigator show up to church that we've been teaching since I got here. She hasn't been able to come to church because she works everyday and when she hasn't been working she is too poor. She started crying on Saturday night when we taught her because i gave her 50 rand to get to church (thru taxis). She has wanted to come to church so bad. Then she made it and started crying when she had to leave after gospel principles. It was such a good day. This week has just been fun. My companion has started to open up more and we joke a lot more. We still are working hard but having so much fun at the same time. Man this place is just hoppin. I can't wait until next month comes and we can try to get all of these people baptized who
say they want to. It will be a challenge.

Thanks for the love and support. I'm having the best days of my life and they are going too fast. I love you all!

Love, elder robinson

2 comments:

holli h. said...

Hey Elder Robinson! Did you get my postcard from Stonehenge?? Keep up the good work, friend. Looks like you're doing awesome.

jacob89 said...

no i didnt get the post card but i should on wednesday if its here! i havent got post in a while.... and why dont you write me kid? i can email... duh