Friday, November 14, 2008

Keeping Busy

By the way... that little girl was not on a bike. She literally just ran into my car with her own two feet. And believe me, I wasn't going fast. You can't in townships, there are speed bumps every 100 yards.

My new companion's name is Elder Burnett from Yackama, Washington. He's a quiet guy but is way cool and we get along great. I'm very glad that I like him because I was already afraid of taking over my area. I mean we have 14 people on baptismal date, 13of which we are trying to get them on for November 23- in two weeks! On top of that we have to keep up on less-active and recent convert work all while trying to expand our teaching pool mostly by tracting. So needless to say, I'm keeping busy. This next week we'll start interviewing some so we'll be able to put some people on the 23rd for sure.

The work is going great. Lots to do and lots of investigators basically asking to be taught. It's amazing. I mean look at the plan of salvation. What is it that gets us to prepare to meet God? Covenants. As we make and keep covenants we become more like God. So if you can get people to start that process by asking them to read the Book of Mormon, to come to church, but most importantly to pray and ask God about these things then they will begin to feel that power that brings conversion... the spirit. Just remember that a committment extended without a follow-up on how it went is empty and worthless.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support. I'm lucky to have such awesome parents and family. Well I'm healthy and safe and I miss and love you guys.

Love, your elder robinson

No comments: