Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Going Strong

My companion who is leaving to Betheleham this Wednesday. He is standing in front of the school we meet in for church. Real classy!

Hey!
As far as the elections go, everyone keeps asking about it. Asking who we want to win and stuff. EVERYONE here is in love with Obama... it's ridiculous. When it comes to logistics, like politics and how they do things, i can't stand these people. But luckily we don't have to deal with that kinda stuff too much as missionaries. We are just able to make friendships based on the gospel. It's sweet.

So this week is going to be transfers. I'm losing my trainer and I'm going to have to take over my area. We'll see how that goes. I'm a little nervous about that but I think I'll do fine. My area is growing. They are looking to build a chapel in my area. Well, they are just trying to get the area office to come and look for a site. So it will be a long time till we get one. Probably next year. We'll see. As I told you, we meet in a dumpy school. It's a big hassel to get things set up and its very dirty. Not nice to get investigators to come too.

I am getting enough food and sleep. We are fed very well by the members. I think I told you but we're fed Sunday lunch and then dinner Monday thru Friday. It's very nice.

Alex Leng is doing great on his mission. He just keeps gaining speed and is having a blast. I'm so glad he made it where he is. The mission is changing him incredibly for the good.

There hasn't been much new this week. Except... something kinda crazy happened. So I was driving into my area when I heard something hit the back of the car. You have to remember that in townships you are in more danger of a pedestrian running into you than you running into them. They don't look where they're going. So i looked in my rear-view mirror and saw a little girl laying in the road. I started freaking out and turned around. She got up and ran to the side. When we got there she seemed fine but there was a huge group around who seemed determined to blame something on these Americans. They were making all these claims like the mirror hit her when clearly there was nothing wrong with the mirror. Anyways, we gave them our number and left. It was kind of scary but nothing came of it.....the little girl was fine.

So that's all that's new. Next week I'll tell you how everything with my new companion is going.

Love, elder robinson

No comments: