Saturday, July 25, 2009

The News!

Well here's the news! I'm going to Pretoria! That's about 40 minutes north of Jo-berg. I'm serving in the Mamelodi township...and wait here's the best news... supposedly I have a chapel!!!!! wahoo! haha I finally get to tell people "yea come to church at the nice BUILDING" instead at the school but be careful cuz there are 3other church who meet at the school so don't get the wrong one. haha So my time in Sharpeville is coming to an end. It's been sad saying goodbye to people though. I mean I've been in Sharpeville for 6 months now! I've made some good friends. Anyways, so I'm leaving on Thursday.

I did find a place to buy refried beans, but they are expensive. I'm making navajoes again tonight. People love it. It's a little expensive but these people deserve it.

So yea, this week we had some sweet lessons. One was with this guy who just showed up to church last week. We gave him a pamphlet and by the time we came to see him after church at 2 he had already read the pamphlet and was asking smart questions. Anyways, we gave him a Book of Mormon this week and yesterday he came to church again. Then we saw him after church and he had been reading the Book of Mormon a lot and was loving it. He's turning out golden. I'm happy to be leaving the area in a good condition. Right now we have 7 people on date who seem to be pretty solid. Plus there are many more who can be on their way there. To put it simply, I'm sad to leave but it's time to go :)

My second companion, Elder Burnett (who's going home this week to Yackama, Washington), served there for his second area on his mission. Next week I'll hit a year officially. Man...the mission is going too fast! The last 3 months just flew by! And in six months it'll be Christmas again...crazy! Then I could be going to my dying area. I've been really trying to just take advantage of everyday I have on the mission because I know as soon as the end rolls around I won't want to leave.

Well, I'm still healthy. It's still cold here but Pretoria is hot so I'll be good. Plus I got another blanket.

Love you much. Talk to you next in Pretoria :)

Love, your elder robinson

No comments: