Monday, July 6, 2009

The 4th South African Style


On the friday before the 4th of July we listened to the Star Spangled Banner and did put our hand over our hearts. It was tender. Then on Saturday night we had a little braai (BBQ) and cooked up a texas steak...that's 2kg of meat. I still have left overs from my quarter piece!

Our Texas steak (go Texas!!)


My companion and I at our 4th of July BBQ


Here are some pictures of Henslop and Yvonne's baptism last week:From left to right: Myself, Henslop, Yvonne, a ward member and my companion



So this week was a little bit warmer...not much. Okhule came back to church and during the week some sisters went to visit her. I think that helped her a lot. I've seen the fellowshipping in the branch go up a little these past few weeks. I don't think anything too amazing happened this week though. Henslop and Yvonne were confirmed of course, that was sweet. But besides that, this may be another short email. :)

I'm still healthy and happy. We are working hard to keep our teaching pool full. We keep having a lot of people that we've been teaching for a long time that just aren't quite there yet but are still progressing slowly. One is named Nthabileng. She is so smart and is the neighbor to the Goniwe family (that is Thandi, Nozizwe, Yvonne, and Vusi who I baptized in the last few months). Last night we taught them missionary work and she was there. She was so excited to help others know the truth. I don't know why she isn't baptized yet!!!! The Goniwe family was so excited as well to share the gospel. Next monday I'm gonna cook navajoes and have Family Home Evening and they are supposed to invite some friends. It will be sweet.

Well much love family. I appreciate everything you give me... love, support (physically \spiritually) thanks again!

love, elder robinson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Jacob,

I glad to hear you are doing well in S. Africa. Reading your blogs is really encouraging and eye opening!!! We miss you so much Jacob! The heat is coming to your home town, (hecka hot!!!) I have a new dog. Although everything is basically the same in the good San Joaquin, there is still some things to share with you! For example, new car for me! lol I'll take you for a spin when you get back ;) Victor and the little brothers are all in a band. I work at Shomi now. Sigh there is quite a bit to update you on... I'll save some more for next time. Love you Jacob. I hope that everything is okay over there!!! MISS YOU