Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Say Something

The backyard where we stay. The flat we stay in is above the garage of the house you see on the right.

I am going to see Phil Hall at transfers this week. He's leaving Sandton and my companion has never missed a transfer meeting and doesn't want to break the tradition... haha. I'm going to buy a camera no matter what today because we have baptisms this Sunday. Three actually. The weather is really weird right now. The rains were supposed to come like a month ago but haven't and its supposed to be getting hot. Instead it just gets really cold and on Sundays no one will come to church. Yesterday it was freezing in fact. When Africa gets cold, Africa shuts down.

So for this week... First of all last Monday we went to a tri-zone p-day where we played rugby. That is a fun sport. Then we went to a buffet where i had tongue(I think cow) for the first time along with crocodile. That was not that good, in fact the whole buffet was Africa at its best. Not that great. Then on Wednesday we went to this former investigator's house who just started coming back to church. We were going to give her a baptism date. Then she told us she had gotten pregnant recently and wants to have an abortion. She was crying. I had no idea how to handle the situation. My companion was the same and tried to say something that didn't really answer the problem much. Then I felt as though I should say something. As soon as I started talking it was like I was overcome and just kept talking. I didn't know what to say but the Spirit did. I even went to a scripture, Alma 39, thinking this isn't a good scripture- all it does is condemn. But when I got to it there was a great scripture in there of hope and relief. I think I helped her to see what the right choice would be... Well, the Lord helped her see. Man, it was a sweet experience.

Right after we went to our dinner appointment at Sister Johanna's house. This is where my companion cooked lasagna. It was so fun. Before my companion and I Sister Johanna and her family didn't really like missionaries. The two daughters who live there don't even eat with us usually. But this day they did. I think we've opened them up to missionaries. This week one of the daughters, Larotto, is coming to an appointment with us. Missionary work is fun.

On Sunday something awesome happened, or really someone. Mom you know that article you sent me in my package about Elder Watson just being called to be a Seventy in Africa? Well I read it and thought it was cool. Then I get to church and guess who walks in the door...Elder Watson. It was so cool to see him there. He took a few minutes at the end of the meeting to speak and I love how General Authorities are so good at taking simple doctrines and making them profound. It was sweet. I talked to him and he told me that he'd take my greetings to President Monson when he went back for General Conference. Yep, Elder Robinson is going places... hahah. Everyone keeps saying that I'll be AP which i hate. I don't want to be stuck in an office all day. But our (me and my companion's) prophesy is that I will open Francistown up in Botwana. We'll see if that happens.

Here I am with a local.


Well that is my week. I'm going to get a camera today whether my Pakistani friend, Solomon, has one for me or not. I hope everything is going well in stockton and it's great to hear from you with the update! Oh and keep sending me pictures. Especially older pictures from family renions, pole vaulting, hikes. Time to go now. Tsakane sends its love!

love, elder robinson

ps. i have been leading the music in church for the past while and my comp plays the piano. thanks mom :)

1 comment:

holli h. said...

Wow. I love your local friend's Oprah shirt. That is just too good. Well, what a brilliant post! Looks like the Lord is shaping you up to be a pretty awesome missionary. :)