Monday, September 29, 2008

Sweet Week

This week was sweet. First of all, Wednesday, was transfers and I got to see Phil Hall. Transfers was sweet. My first transfer not being a greeny! ha, but anyways, that night we went to Sister Johanna's place for dinner. This week she was trying to make lasagna for the first time after my companion taught her last week. Man, it was some of the best lasagna I've had! Her oven is one of the tiny microwave size ovens. It was awesome. But the real highlight of the week was Sunday. Sunday was baptisms! No, I didn't get to baptize anyone but it was an experience.....

So we started off going to church. It was a cold day but we still had 11 investigators and a good amount of members show up. When Africa gets cold, Africa stops. Anyways, our branch is growing. Then after sacrament meeting my companion and I went to bake some breadstick things for the baptism. Once we got over to the Kwa-Thema Chapel (the neighboring township, where the elders we live with work), I thought the branch president would actually take care of something. Nope. My companion was getting ready to baptize and so I had to make sure everything was going right. Man it was stressful. I pulled out my camera and ten black hands reached for it trying to grab it saying, "borrow me borrow me". It was frustraing just to take pictures! Then when the service started we still couldn't relax. I had to lead the music and my companion had to play the keyboard. Oh and something funny... after pictures we walked into the room to find everyone sitting there with our elder's quorum president siting up by the keyboard playing the preset tunes on the keyboard "When The Saint Come Marching In" with the horns and everything...I was just thinking how spiritual this is going... haha. But anyways it ended up all working out and they made it through. Finally we were able to relax. When we were eating the refreshments one of our investigators came up to my companion. So this investigator used to have the missionaries teach him but he was just a Jehovah's Witness who wanted to bible bash. He was dropped by the missionaries and stopped coming to church. But then a few weeks ago he came to church and became interested again. We taught him for the first time in a while just last week. Then he came to the baptism and afterwards asked my companion if he could be baptized. It was awesome. That makes 6 people we've made baptismal dates for this week. All together that's 9 people we have on date for Oct/Nov baptisms with like 3 more on the way to be on date. The work is going great. We are blessed so much and it only motivates us to work harder.

I hope everything continues to go great for you back home. Sounds like you are doing well. We're trying so hard to get the members involved with our teaching. Since they don't give us referrals we'll just take them along with us. Hopefully with all the baptism zeal they'll get into it.
Love you, hope your doing fine!

Love, elder robinson

1 comment:

Marinn said...

That is so exciting Jacob. It sounds like things are going great. Wow- so many baptisms planned. Keep up the great work! We love you and are praying for you.
Aunt Marinn