Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Spring Day!

rah rah rahrahrah rah rah rahrahrah gooooooooooooo COUGARS! haha 1 year and I'll be singing that again! SWEET!

This Summer will be hotter for sure since I'm in Pretoria. My suits are holding up pretty well...except for some buttons. I've only lost one shirt...and thats because I burned it haha. I had gotten a bunch of red paint splattered on it in my first few months in Tsakane. So I burned it when I turned a year.

I do still talk to Alex pretty much every week. It's awesome. He's an awesome missionary, but he never told me he was training! Well, I never told him I was district leader. DL basically just means you do baptismal interviews and take stats and watchover the district (which is 6 guys).

So something cool that happend this week. On Tuesday it was Spring Day (September 1st is the first day of summer). So the township basically becomes one big water fight. Elder Bakker and I were riding down this busy road and weren't thinking too much of the water fights...then we began to get closer to a round-about up ahead. I was in front and began to notice that it was wet. There were people gathered on the side with buckets and they were soaking everyone that came by! That was where we needed to go so I said what the heck, why not. I rode straight through. As soon as I got close I started hearing "makgua! Bicycle!" One guy came running from behind and another from the front...and I got drenched, from head to toe. I rode on through and then looked back to see if my companion was wet. They destoyed him too and actually knocked him off his bike. Instead of heling him they continued to throw the water on. It was hilarious. Then we went to our next appointment drenched. They tried to get us later but we were too quick for them.

But it doesn't end there. The next day we had the car and we wanted revenge. We drove past some other kids who were getting everyone wet and we decided to attack. So we went to a member's house, filled a bucket with water and went in. I was driving so my companion ran out, soaked one guy and then got four buckets in the face. It was awesome. There's nothing like Spring Day in the township.

Anyways, another sweet thing that happened was that Flora passed her interview this week! Sweet! So she'll be baptized on the 20th of September. Also, we had stake conference. It was sweet. But at the general session we had it in a big auditorium and the sound was terrible. hey would try to turn it up and the speakers would just begin to reverberate. So none of our investigators had any idea what was going on. But they still enjoyed the experience. It was a nice day.

Thanks again for the support and love. You're still in my prayers.

Love, elder robinson

1 comment:

Amy said...

Elder Robinson-- My address now is 62 W 700 N #119 Provo, UT 84601 if you want to write me!!! :)